Wednesday, December 5, 2007

You guessed it....more chicken!


I promise this blog will contain more than just chicken recipes. As a reformed vegetarian, I have been slow to incorporate more than chicken and fish in our diet. But I'm trying, I really am! I still don't eat red meat, but I know how to cook it. You must know how to cook it when you live with a meat and potatoes man! Anyway, here's my latest creation. I had only 20 minutes to cook, so this is what I came up with:

Chicken Marsala
4 (6-ounce) skinless, boneless chicken breast halves
1/4 teaspoon salt object
1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper object
2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
1 tablespoon olive oil
1 cup presliced mushrooms object
1/2 cup Marsala wine
1/2 cup fat-free, less-sodium chicken broth
2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
1 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley
Place chicken between 2 sheets of heavy-duty plastic wrap; pound each piece to 1/2-inch thickness using a meat mallet or rolling pin. Sprinkle both sides of chicken evenly with salt and pepper. Place flour in a shallow dish. Dredge chicken in flour, turning to coat; shake off excess flour. Heat olive oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add chicken; cook 3 minutes on each side or until browned. Remove chicken from pan; keep warm. Add mushrooms, wine, broth, and juice to pan; reduce heat, and simmer 10 minutes or until mixture is reduced to 2/3 cup. Return chicken to pan, turning to coat well. Cover and cook 5 minutes or until chicken is done. Sprinkle with parsley.
Nutritional Information (Cooking Light magazine)
CALORIES 241(21% from fat); FAT 5.6g (sat 1g,mono 3g,poly 0.9g); PROTEIN 40.7g; CHOLESTEROL 99mg; CALCIUM 26mg; SODIUM 308mg; FIBER 0.5g; IRON 1.8mg; CARBOHYDRATE 4.9g

No comments: